Sunday, October 22, 2006

Baby Boast Halloween

Some people have told me that they couldn't do a blog because they wouldn't know what to write each time. I never seem to have that problem. Right now I've got at least half a dozen videos and all sorts of pictures to get caught up on. I'm in constant amazement of my kid's development and assume that you are enthralled with them too, and if you aren't you don't have to come and read- it's as easy as that!


Amidst birthday celebration and Nana and Pawpaw Terry's visit was another baby boast party. This one was halloween themed. I figured I could make Dominique her costume when I thought of her being a butterfly- I had all the materials on hand. I thought it would take just a couple of hours, but it took more like a week. The paint didn't want to adhere to the fabric either, but it came out cute. Why do I always start these seemingly little projects that take way more effort than I imagine??? But it's fun and I guess it satisfies my need to do something creative.
Here are our beautiful children. Can you find our butterfly? The chickens are twins, but we also had two cows and two pea pods. Batman is eating Dominique's antenas. He pulled on it so hard, she ended up with just one long antena sticking all squiggly up from her head, but the momma fixed it.


My next big project is painting my little niece or nephew's clock. I'm so excited!!! Only another week and a half to go if that. We've decided I will be Auntie Ang.

Are you an aunt or uncle? What kinds of things do you like to do to make your niece or nephew feel loved?

2 comments:

Kimberley said...

I love the butterfly costume. You are so creative. I have to go to a costume-mandatory Halloween party on Saturday. Any ideas for me?

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Do something Spain inspired from your trip. One of those torro guys? Or maybe since you had an early snow, be a person on summer vacation- summer outfit with flipflops, sunglasses, sunhat- say you're chasing away winter with thoughts of sunny places.