Friday, September 22, 2006

Living it up!





The weather has been beautiful for hanging out, going for walks and taking in the fresh beauty, except for the mosquitoes that are ferocious little beasts, but you can't have everything perfect! Ivan and Grandpa Ray have been playing all sorts of games. Ivan likes the rambunctious, falling down kind of games the best. We knew from birth he was all boy, having farted and burped fresh out of the womb, now I guess he's just reinforcing his point. He was watching a video (I will have to post) where he was being spun by grandpa (as seen in the picture) and when he was set down, he kept falling over. As Ivan watched himself, he repeatedly exclaimed: "oh, no I-yah" (that's how he pronounces his name). Anything that falls (or most often is thrown) gets his exclamation: "oh no". And when he wants to change activities or not have anything anymore, he says: "bye-bye ___". What I find hillarious is that whatever he is saying bye to always has a name even if he doesn't know what it is. Like "bye-bye beee" for putting away a tool.

Todays tender moments go to the sis and her bro. I had her on the couch as I tried to get Ivan's shoes and when she started crying, Ivan went up to her and said: "Maymay, hey, hey, hey" trying to calm her down. He also showed her toys and did get her to stop screaming when I was occupied baking today and she was on the floor. The best moment was at supper. Everyone had left except for the slowest eater in the world if it is something healthy. Ivan was munching for an hour or so and he kept looking over to Dominique on my knee and gently caressing her face. She was cooing at him and watching his every move. Of course she watches him very carefully with varying expressions. Usually it's a hillarious look of cautious alert- like is this wild young beast going to hurt me, scare me, kiss me or what? I admit, his wild shenanigans around her make me nervous at times too!

Tomorow we are dedicating Dominique to the Lord at our house, so I baked a cake, peanut butter cookies and choc. chip cookies. I'm not going to use the oven for another year! In any case, I wanted to invite you to the celebration. I'm not sure how to e-mail snacks to you and I don't think a picture will be quite as tantalizing as the real deal, but you can help us by writing a prayer, blessing or words of encouragement for Dominique. We believe words are powerful, so we have invited friends to come and speak life and goodness and strength over her now while she's young. If you want to send a message for Dominique, e-mail me (if you don't know my address, you can e-mail me from my profile to the side).

What's your favorite kind of cookie, favorite desert and favorite snack?

2 comments:

GMS said...

Favorite cookie -- Toll House Chocolate Chip
Favorite dessert -- usually nothing right after a meal
Favorite snack -- either chocolate or something salty

Love the pictures.
Glad to see Ray enjoying the grandkids!

Anonymous said...

Cookie - Christmas Cookies made by mom

Dessert - Fruit Salat made by grandma

Snack - whatever there is

Lovely pictures you have there of Ivan and Domenique. It's great that you have a nice summer now with a bit cool of rain. Flowers and green gras makes every summer way better.