Wednesday, September 06, 2006

It's a hard enough life


Here's Dominique helping me with the laundry. I devised this system of carying baby and laundry when I had Ivan, for those days when all the baby devices just won't do and the child wants to be right where you are and there are no clean clothes left in the house... Before all the grands have fits.... this was a clean load.


I folded and refolded them as I juggled both her and Ivan, who undid my efforts, creating more laundry to fold and she is so tired she fell asleep??? People say that a dog's life is easy. I think being a baby would be far more rewarding. Exciting new tastes, sights and sounds, parents and grandparents that dote on you, an entire world who thinks you are oh so cute...

Dominique has been developing and it is so great to watch. She can see better now and her favorite thing to watch is smiling faces and her brother. It's so cool to watch her eyes follow her brother all over. I'm imagining this is both out of curiosity, affection and self preservation.

Ivan has also made my heart glad. I almost fear writing this, not wanting to cause anything that might break the pattern, but he has eaten well three suppers in a row- vegetables, starches and meats. Normally he just wants to pick out the starch and later eat bread!

Today was really a splendid day. It was cooler than it has been (83 or so, about 25 Celsius) and there was a hint of coolness in the air. We've had rain the last two weekends and everything has turned green. I was supposed to meet with a neighbor during nap time, but was pleased that she forgot, because I was mentally tired and felt like I needed a break. I got one when Ivan slept. Dominique and I went outside and she did a marathon nursing session while I read and we sat in the hammock. It was just so good to be out. It felt like a Canadian summer day ;)

3 comments:

GMS said...

You are lucky you don't have to go up and down steep cellar stairs carrying that bundle. You are very inventive and seem to be able to come up with creative ways to enjoy your time with both your children.
I'm thrilled that you do.

Kimberley said...

Our cat Gary used to love being carted up and down the stairs in the laundry basket. But now that our laundry is upstairs next to the bedrooms, he doesn't get his ride. It can get heavy though can't it?

Ian said...

Yesterday in Yorkton it got as low as - 2 Celsius. We are now getting nighttime temperatures in the single digits, but still in the 20's during the day. It is great harvesting weather for the farmers but we haven't had rain and everything is getting parched.
I wish I was there to take Ivan for walks and to hold Dominique.