Monday, February 13, 2006

Have a lovely love day!


OK, so I'm not one of those super health conscience fanatical type moms who only allows Ivan whole grain, organic grown and the such. My philosophy is that we eat pretty healthy, but this earth also contains delicacies, one of which is chocolate and since I am having some to my great pleasure, so should Ivan. Just because he's small doesn't mean he should be deprived! I guess what I'm trying to teach him is balance. Having some treats once in a while is ok.



I made a german chocolate cake from a recipe I pulled up online for Brian's birthday in Jan. and it was fantastic. We all agreed it was awesome, so come Chocolate day (I mean Valentine's day) I figured I should make it again. I didn't have any baker's choc. so we made our own from cocoa and lo and behold, it made another dish dirty (to Ivan and mommy's delight!)



Wishing all of you a wonderful valentine's day.

So... What is the most romantic thing someone has done for you?
What is your ultimate treat of indulgence?
If you could have your favorite dinner, anywhere, with anyone... what, where, who would it be?

4 comments:

Madame Angela Baggett said...

To me romance is not just the big efforts, but the little ones too. Brian has planned anniversary vacations to a cool city at a nice hotel and that was really romantic. I loved walking along the river walk in San Antonio and the ocean in Galveston, but perhaps the most romantic thing is when I know he did something really out of his character to please me. It may be something other's do all the time, but since he had to reach out of himself to do it, it makes it that much more special.

What is your ultimate treat of indulgence? pure, dark chocolate- ummmmm!!

If you could have your favorite dinner, anywhere, with anyone... what, where, who would it be?
I love exotic dishes, with curry or ginger, chicken and cilantro, peanut sauces, spicy, but not too hot. And of course a rich desert of something chocolate with coffee. Apart from famous dead people, I'd want to be with Brian and (sorry Ivan) no kids to feed, wipe up after or try to please. We would be somewhere very scenic, like at the top of a mountain or by a roaring ocean or calm intimate lake or waterfall.

Anonymous said...

What's the most romantic thing someone did for me? I can't remember one (sorry Andrew).

My unltimate treat of indulgence? Dark chocolate...german f course.

The dinner...oh, that would be on a island...all by ourselves...Sushi.....

GMS said...

Most romantic thing -- Right now, just noticing that I need something and bringing it to me just to save me time and effort. (Since I still have a cast on my right leg for another week.)
ultimate treat -- cold and sweet -- first preference would be Blue Bell; up here I settle for Haagan Daas.
favorite dinner -- Luby's in almost any Texas town.

Anonymous said...

This one is easy. This morning Harley was running late and had to race around the house trying to get ready for school. I kept telling her to be quiet because Jac was still sleeping and I wanted to rest still. Well she comes running into my room and I am I yell "Stop making so much noise!" That is when I look up and she has in her hand a homemade card she made me for Valentines Day! Make me feel like crap. She hands it to me and tells me she loves me then runs off to school. I open the card and read a homemade card of her telling me how much she loves me and she is glad she has the best mom in the world. Also included in this card are a whole bunch of pieces of paper. I read each one and find that she has given me a whole bunch of coupons. 'Free of Charge' Babysitting, Back Massages, Foot Rubs, housecleaning and dinners! She is yet to come home from school and I am trying to come up with a wonderful way to thank this wonderful child I was blessed with. Harley does know how to spoil her mom and I love her very much.