Friday, September 30, 2005

Parental trickery

I thought of calling this post "in the light of wisdom" since it is the sequel to "in the light of dawn", our tragic ice cream episode. I'm excited to report that we no longer fall prey to the midnight sugar highed baby. How have we accomplished this great feat? Parental trickery is the name of our game. I'm not sure you are supposed to resort to this, but it does allow for sanity and survival in these early years. Ivan still screams for ice cream when I am eating some, but he gets a healthy, low fat, no sugar (allowing sleep) substitute called milk. Yep, we "dish" some up for him and feed it to him by spoon and he is quite happy with his treat "just like mommies". I'm not sure how many more months we'll be able to pull this off, but for now it is bliss (ours, not his). I guess we should make a name for his special "ice cream" treat. Do you have any suggestions? I remember when my little brother Andrew was little and had an unhealthy obsession with juice, my parents started offering him "tap juice" or "cow juice"- so I guess I come by my trickery naturally!

Don't feel so bad for Ivan. All day, he gets the best of us. He has a game called "race to the fridge". When I need something, he races from wherever he was to get in the fridge before I manage to close the door. He usually wins. You wouldn't believe how fast the little guy can crawl. I bet if they had crawling races, he would win. Just open the fridge door at the end line, or better yet put out a bowl of "ice cream".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, how come that he likes ice cream so much? Who cave him that??? *lol* Sounds fun though, him running to the fridg. I guess he knows where the good stuff is.

Btw, my weblog is now in english too. Just some "clicks" can't be in english for they don't let me. (Like "Über..." which means "About". That is the side where I say something about me.) The english text is always at the bottom in italics.

Take care

Anonymous said...

You should call it "New York Blue Bell".
A poor substitute for the real thing, and something you can't get anyway!