Friday, May 14, 2010

We won!!!



Tighe and I were so excited that our photo of butterflies in purple won in the contest by our friend, Olivia where she was having friends raise awareness for Lupus. We were just happy to create the image for her to support and encourage her and now we won too! That means we are both going to get an 8x10 of one of her photos. So fun. I REALLY love having such talented friends.

So I get 2 fabulous going away gifts from Olivia, one of her artistic creation AND the photo shoot she did for us. There are so many pictures in the ones she took that I love. I know Brian posted some of these on facebook too, so I'm trying to post some of the other ones.

It was really nice also to get shots of just Brian and I. We are always taking pictures of the kids and make the effort at least once a year to get a family pic., but how often do we get pictures of just us, as a couple? Then if we do have one, they are just a shot at an event, not a shot with our relationship as the focus, like these. They ended up being my favorites I think, because they are so special. Reminds us how we really do love each other- for better or worse, richer or poorer, sickness or health, while packing or not. Yep- we are in the throws of one of life's major transitions and get to rediscover how different we are. How he likes to be prepared and organized (ie. have everything packed with us at ready weeks before we leave) and how I am more loosy-goosy, let's be able to live somewhat normal and pack up the rest right before we go.

The kids are driving me nuts, since everything is topsy turvy and there is little order in our lives/schedule at present. Right now I am making them pack things. They are loving it, but I'm a little concerned at what we'll find when we open their boxes on the other end.

3 comments:

GMS said...

"They" really do say that opposites attract and I think that makes the spice of life.
Enjoy the differences and it will all work out in the end.

P.S. Absolutely LOVE the pics!

Ian said...

Great pictures

Anonymous said...

Don't worry what comes out of the boxes on the other side.It will be just as surprising as when I opened the freezer when you were all very young and found out what was there after you all helped to unpacked the shopping. Love mom