Friday, May 28, 2010

At the park with the girls

This was a nice day at the park with Lily, Tighe and Isaiah, I'm guessing Isaiah was there, I don't see him in my pictures and can't remember! When you read this we finishing up our final day in Abilene, but as I write it is the day before the truck loading.
Grandpa Ray asked if we are packing the truck tomorrow and Ivan said no. The adults were as confused as he was asking if we were going to leave our stuff and drive it empty and Ivan said, "we can't put the truck in a box!" Get it, "pack the truck!" Ah, the English language is riddled with traps.

Ivan informed me today that he and Dominique had made a deal, that when they are adults, she is going to buy him a pole saw and he is going to buy her her wedding dress. When I told him that wedding dresses can be very expensive, he altered his promise, now saying that he would make her dress. He thinks he can sew because I own a sewing machine. Even I don't pretend that I can sew and that's with the machine!

We went to the pool for the last time and then met up with Micah and Caleb for a last fun play time at the park, only it was scorching hot outside and I think Ivan either got some heat stroke or spun too many times on the tire swing in the blazing sun. Either way, he felt like "barfing" the rest of the time as he liked to tell us. Dinner and an arctic cold restaurant finally cured him, but I should have known after a decade of living here not to go to a park on a hot day.

2 comments:

armacleod said...

Yup Sun stroke. Had it once. It isn't fun or much safe either. I was outside working in 38°C heat in the noonday sun in Yellowknife. I had to go home and drink a bunch of fluids and sleep the rest of the afternoon I was so out of it.

Ian said...

I think that Ivan's interpretation of what "pack the truck" meant actually makes more sense. If he had been asked, "Are you going to be packing your things into the truck?" that would have made more sense than "pack the truck." Way to go Ivan!