Friday, May 21, 2010

@ the meadows








I've actually been trying to post this for the last 4 days! Blogger was just not uploading the pics, so I went to facebook, uploaded them then snagged them from there for here! Much too complicated. We just gave our cat away! That was weird, but she will be much happier not having to do the huge move and transition time. She was Brian's cat, so I let him make the call. I was just surprised that he wanted to give her away. We'll probably get a new cat once we're settled. He wants a friendlier one.

Our friends the Snooks have jam nights periodically. We've been going since they started when they bought their acreage. We enjoyed our last jam while grandpa Ray was here and they took some family shots of us in their bluebonnet patch. That is the state flower, for the non-Texans who read this and didn't know it. Vera took shots of our last time there and also gave us some vintage pics. Good memories ;)


Today (ie. when I wrote this last Friday!!), Brian traveled to go see Big Buddy one last time and deliver his suitcases (which the ambulance refused to let him bring) and wheelchairs. The kids and I joined up with Tighe and her kids to have a last zoo visit and picnic. Then after a rest (that some of the kids took), my trio and I got another swim time in at the Y. They are all taking off with swimming now. Of course, not if I ask them to practice, but the lure of touching the bottom and then the desire to swim without arm floats is motivation enough I guess. Emora can now balance herself with just arm floats and no vest. She can spit out water, blow bubbles and scream like a banchee if I'm not holding her. She can also do that last trick out of water.

2 comments:

Ian said...

I'm glad that you were able to post. Thanks for the update.

GMS said...

Emora will probably be doing that last trick even more with all the transition she will be facing as well as clinging more, too.
Hopefully, Ivan & Dominique will help her with all the changes ahead.