Tuesday, May 18, 2010

party, party, party









I think I could do a whole series on all our parties lately. Between birthday parties, our going away parties and saying goodbye to different groups of people and friends, I have a whole pile of pictures to post. Logan's party was a little while back and the kids loved to play, paint with sidewalk-homemade paint and do the pinata of course. Emora liked the candy most of all.

We had lots of friends come by for our going away party at our house, including no less than 3 of Brian's former roomates, apparently he had a whole string of them before I came along.



I got to see several of the ladies from water aerobic's class too. This was only a very small fraction of ladies who ever took the class from me and just look at all those children!

Even though I keep thinking everything must be packed by now, we somehow start off each morning with a long list of loose ends to tie up, closets to go through, things to organize and pack... It's just crazy. Now I am really thankful to those friends who said to start early and do a bit at a time and I'm really thankful that Brian has been available to basically do all of it. I packed a few boxes, but we have become a well coordinated team with me going through stuff, sorting and organizing it, then leaving it in a heap for him to actually pack. I make him a list of heaps around the house, then often leave with the kids on our daily whatever, when I return, the heaps are in boxes and the mountain has gained another foot or so. Our middle bedroom is now the depot and there is a section where the boxes actually reach the ceiling. I am not sure if I should be thankful we have so many things or to be disgusted by it- I waver back and forth. I'm sure as I'm unpacking I'll feel both emotions all over again.

4 comments:

Ian said...

I think that I still have a box or two that I haven't unpacked from the last move, over 25 years ago!

GMS said...

I agree! I've been back in NY 17 years next month & know there is still stuff in the cellar I haven't touched.
Of course, you'll probably need more of your stuff sooner with 3 kids.

armacleod said...

A good portion of my boxes are still packed because I have no shelves to put my books on! Looking forward to having you back in the promise land of milk and honey. ;)

Nana said...

The pictures are great as usual. Hey Andrew, we have cows and beehives in our promise land!