Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Weird tastebuds

Emora is still in the stage where she eats about everything, but we have just come from eating out and we discovered some funny eating patterns with her. On the weekend we went out for mexican food. I always avoided giving the kids spicy food when they were babies and neither of the big kids like spicy food, even mildly spicy. But Emora kept begging for the hot salsa sauce, so I let her try a little bit and before we knew it, she was scooping it out with her fingers and trying to drink it. She ate some of the chips, but she was more like me in that I see the chips as a means to the end. They are the utensil with which I try to get the most salsa possible. Then tonight we went to our favorite. Szechuan restaurant serves up some amazing chinese food. Emora's favorites were the soy sauce and a lemon that she sucked on half the night. I mean who sucks on lemons? Maybe teething has messed with her taste buds.

Then we came home to Grandpa's second favorite ice cream: Blue Bell's coffee flavored ice cream. Ivan came out with the funniest comment. He liked it this time and said: "It tastes like coffee. It tastes like I'm grown up". Dominique wasn't crazy about it, but ate all of hers and of course Emora likes everything that can go on a spoon, or be scooped with her fingers.

I'm ready to be done with the extra aerobic classes and get my life back. It was ok for a week, but now I'm really missing our normal schedule. Ah well, only another week to go, and the paycheck will be nice. The people are super fun for the most part, but it just takes big chunks out of our days.

1 comment:

Nana said...

Remember taking Dominique when she was pretty young, for Chinese, and she discovered the sweet 'n sour sauce. She dipped everything she could get her little hands on. I think she ate almost 2 bowls.