Monday, March 22, 2010

They can swim!

Ivan and Dominique only have one more swim class left and are doing so amazingly well! She had them swimming in the deep end today. Ivan swam the width of the pool and back and Dominique went half way and back. I totally couldn't believe it. The teacher has taught me that a little water in the face will not kill them, no matter how much they would want me to think so. If I had let them get water in the eyes or on their nose, they would have hollered and refused to do anything else, but they are regularly submerged, sputtering and sinking under for the "teacher" and will keep on at it, with noticeable improvements. It's so exciting.

For Ivan's daddy and him day, they went to get Ivan a professional hair cut. Ivan calls this lady the barber. Not really crazy about the way she did it or the cost, so we'll just consider that an experience he lived through- not necessarily to be repeated.

I'm doing 3-4 classes of aerobics a day, subbing for a lady at the Y, so I'm hoping I will finally burn off the last of the weight I gained with Emora, but then I may actually have to try not to eat as much too, for it to work. So now I'm accountable, I told all of you!

4 comments:

GMS said...

Now that you are accountable to "all of us", what plan are you going to use to cut down on the quantity?
Calorie count, WW, Atkins, or some other.

I don't think Ivan's hair looks bad, but agree Mom did just as good a job at far less cost.

Ian said...

Congratulations on your swimming Ivan and Dominique,great job!

Olivia said...

He looks great! I know, those places are outrageously costly. It looks like you all are keeping busy. I am so glad they are swimming! WOW!

Madame Angela Baggett said...

GMS- I usually just try to decrease my portion size and intake. Like instead of having 3 chocolate kisses I'll have 1 ;) And I'll take a reasonable amount for supper and restrict myself from seconds. Now I'll get tested with Grandpa Ray here, I'm sure some Blue Bell will stare me down!