Monday, May 11, 2009

Hawaiian trio



I had a wonderful mother's day. The kids have impeccable taste and gave me several well thought out gifts. And they are only 4, 2 and 3months old. They're amazing I tell you. I only had a bit of an idea what I might get. We had all gone to get groceries, which is a bit of a rare thing. Since we had a long list and had already been to a birthday party, we thought we'd divide and conquer. I ripped the list in half and the boys set off while us girls tackled the other half of the store. We were driving home when I remembered that I had forgotten to write photos on the list. I had ordered them online. We turn back and I tell Brian that I'll just run in and pick them up. The photo lady tells me my husband already got the picture. I said, "no, he didn't". She says "yeah, a 5x7". I say "maybe you've mistaken him with someone else". She replies "no, it was your husband and a 5x7 of three kids". I know this photo lab lady knows us from years of pictures and remembers when we've had a baby... then it dawns on me "I think you just told me what my mother's day gift was!". Her eyes grow large and she exclaimed with horror "oh no! Please look surprised". I laugh and she finds my other order of regular 4x6 pictures.

I kept our little secret until the next day, when I was really surprised. The picture was gorgeous, one I'd never seen (that would have been a feat since all the pics get stored on our computer) and it was just part of the card they made me, on top of all my gifts! So we had laughter, and joy that morning.

I think this picture is so hilarious. I had left the room and when I came back, I saw that Dominique had lined up pink baby and white baby with our little Emora, who looked like an oversized doll with them.

Emora is growing a lot and discovering new things- her hands, her feet, grasping anything and everything and stuffing it into her mouth. I think I'm going to go get some rice cereal. We started Ivan at 4 months and Dominique at 5 months. I think Ivan was a little too young, but when I put a spoon with water up to Emora's lips to see if she was interested, she was all too eager to stuff it in. She would be our earliest to start on solids, but considering she wanted to nurse multiple times in the night and basically all day long, it may be time to give her a more diversified food source. I see more daily wars arising from this though. Ivan and Dominique will be fighting to feed her. They love to mother their little sis.

2 comments:

Ian said...

Emora seems to change with every picture. Thanks for the update.

Nana said...

Your Mother's Day sounds like a great one. Like the coconuts, Dominique! You look handsome also Ivan.