Tuesday, May 12, 2009

FOOD!


Ivan with his first real letter written to him. Grandpa Ian wrote in easy words with big bold letters so that Ivan could read it better. He was so excited about it.



The kids and I flipped this house. It used to be a one room, closed in, dreary place. After extensive renovations, we added a kitchen area (with fridge, cupboards, microwave, stove top, window and sink, a computer, table, front door, mailbox, fashionable wall decor and exterior design. The space is available for play dates and now if mommy gets really fed up with the duo, instead of sending them to their own room, I can send them to their own house! Ha, ha. We've had a lot of fun creating it and playing in it.


Emora is growing so much- that I've decided to outsource. The last couple of days she left her regular 3 hour feeding schedule and has wanted to eat twice as often, so although she is not quite 4 months, the kids and I made an urgent run to the store to purchase rice cereal. I gave her 4 little baby spoonfulls at lunch to see how she would do and she loved it! So I'm going to try some more before bed and see if I can get her to sleep a little longer. She has been sleeping good- about 5-6 hours for the first shift from about 9pm-3am, but one site said that they could sleep 8 to 10 hours a stretch by this age. I'm skeptical as it's never happened with my kids, but it is time to move her out of our room since she is getting so big and will start to warp the floor piece to her playpen bassinet, but I sure do not look forward to dragging myself to her room in the middle of the night for feedings. If she just slept until daytime-- well, I can't even imagine how incredible that would be!

5 comments:

Nana said...

What a neat house. I see those "Mommy" skills have kicked in again. Talented, talented.

Anonymous said...

Love the play house. So much more fun than one of those store bought ones.Now they have another play area when the weather is poor out side.Certainly can tell their generation with the computer and all.mom

Anonymous said...

Very cool house! It reminds me of the doll house you made with us.

-Amber

Ian said...

It sounds like one great adventure after another.

Davis Family said...

Wow now that is an elaborate house! We did a rocket ship lately but it was mostly tape cardboard and a heck of a lot of imagination!
Good luck with Emora's food - I need more sleep too if that makes it any better.