Thursday, September 25, 2008

Where's grandpa?



The kids constantly amaze me. We borrowed a book from the library that uses math in the story line. It is Ivan's current favorite. I hadn't looked at the ages it is geared for- it's a kid story- but after Ivan wanted to measure angles all day and use a protractor, I thought I'd look at what else they had and what age this book was geared for. It was for kids 7 years old and up. I guess we could start with the ages 2 and 3 books, like the ones on even and odd numbers, counting by 5s and 10s... meanwhile I have a child gone wild measuring angles. He's also into photography. He took these pictures of his family. We'll title them: "looking up to daddy" and "the baggett girl trio" (ok, so you can't see much of my belly but that is why Dominique is pushed so far forward on my receding lap).
Dominique loves to write and write. Poor girl has a long enough name, but she makes a valiant effort. You know how kids shorten everything these days, so if you ever get a text message from "D-O-I-U-wE" you'll know who it's from.

The kids asked several times today where grandpa was. I'd tell them "on a plane or in an airport". They gave him a dozen kisses and hugs at bed time last night since he had to leave so early. Today we started putting their rooms back how they were before the visit, but when I told Dominique to go to bed in her room, she told me that it was grandpa's room. Hope you made it home safe grandpa and that your arm gets better soon.

2 comments:

Power Up Love said...

the greatest gift...

GMS said...

Glad to hear they miss grandpa as much as he misses them & felt bad he just couldn't throw them around as much as last time.
He went to the doc & has some therapy & another visit scheduled so we'll keep you posted.