Monday, September 22, 2008

frisbee

The demonstration.












The wind-up.














The throw!










Our garden has been better than most years, but the squash were wiped out by some unknown cause and the tomato plants did diddly squat as they have every year. We are getting lots of green peppers and jalapeno peppers (a gift from the neighbor) as well as okra that we all love fried up or in tomato based sauces or soups. Kudos to Brian who did all the work this year, the planning, relocation of the garden, planting, watering, picking. I help too, I participate in the produce preparation and consummation.

I've been eating lots of other foods too as you can well see. I am now obviously pregnant and getting more so each day. If I don't eat every 2 hours or so I have found that I get headaches and feel nauseous. They do allow you more caloric intake when pregnant, but I don't think it's a daily amount- it must be an overall 9 month amount where you multiply the amount by the days pregnant and use as needed. This time around, I didn't use any of the extra calories allowed during the first trimester and a couple of weeks into the second phase, but now I'm sure I'm making up for lost eating allowances. The kids help me to not overdo it though. Anytime I want a snack, they want a bite or portion of it. Of course, this doesn't apply to real meals like when I eat leftovers for lunch or make food for supper.

2 comments:

GMS said...

You are definitely glowing with that pregnancy "halo" thingy.
Loved the frisbee demonstration and I hope Ivan shared after that sweet little "please share".

Ian said...

You are definitely looking "swell!"