Wednesday, September 24, 2008

another day in Abilene





We were hanging out in the misquitoe infested yard the other night with grandpa. Notice the ball Dominique threw up in the air with a hop? I actually caught the action with the digital. I laughed when I saw how it turned out.

Today Dominique lifted up her shirt, showed me her belly and told me she had a baby in there. Then she told me the baby was moving and that the baby was kicking.

Ivan and Caleb decided after naps that they were dogs. Ivan was my childhood dog Getta and if I scratched behind his ear, he did a very realistic sounding dog whimper. If I called Ivan by his real name, he'd get all angry with me and say "no, my name is Getta!"

Grandpa is heading out in the morning, so we have to say our goodbyes tonight. Unfortunately, his shoulder and arm have been hurting him the whole time he's been here and the kids aren't exactly the gentlest of people. He was telling me how Dominique would look all sad one minute, saying she was sad his arm hurt, then ask him to swing her the next. The kids haven't really caught on with my belly either (which gets bigger by the hour- my snug shorts from this morning no longer fit by afternoon and I had to change them by evening). Tonight Ivan hurdled himself over the arm of the recliner where I was "resting" and on the phone, right onto my belly. In one swift motion, I hurled him back off, causing tears and anger along with an explanation of how my tummy is not a growing trampoline.

2 comments:

GMS said...

The need for gentleness as a virtue comes through from this post--both for Grandpa and for you/and new baby.
Take care!

Olivia said...

I had to go back and see the ball photo with her hair going wild. What a great photo! We had fun tonight. Love you guys!