Monday, September 08, 2008

"hold me"



It's been awhile. My life has been consumed a bit of late due to a horrible turn of events. I've been translating for a friend who is a refugee here as she goes to her doctor visits for her pregnancy and when we went last week, we found out that she had lost her baby. It has been very upsetting and exhausting as she still has to deliver the baby. Be praying for Mamie and her husband Pierre as they go through such deep loss. She was about 30 weeks along.

Meanwhile the kids are doing well- growing as you can see from these pictures. Either that or the dog has shrunk. The older picture is from Jan. of 2007. Amazing how fast it all goes. Ivan is quite the helper. He always wants to have a job to do and be in the middle of everything which can be sweet and helpful or annoying and time consuming, but such is life with children- it can't be about getting "things done" or even done "right". Taking into consideration their desire to be a part of things, to share and give is more important than everything working like clockwork.


They asked for it. It may look like I'm crushing my children in these videos, but I did not actually put any of my pregnant body weight on them. How it came about was like this: Ivan wanted me to hold him. He was using that little "hold me" voice with his arms outstretched. So I turned the tables on him and said: "why don't you hold me?". It surprised me when he jumped to the ground and said "ok, I'll hold you"- while laughing with delight. He is such a little care giver. He loves to care for everyone in the family. Then when Dominique saw how "fun" it was, she had to have her turn to "hold" mommy.

2 comments:

Olivia said...

I have been thinking about you a lot today and your friend. I am praying for them. I love you! You have been such an encouragement to me. Thanks again for all your help with the cards.

GMS said...

So sorry to hear about the turn of events with your friend. Very difficult to deal with.

I doubt the dog is getting any smaller.

Grandpa Ray is on his way and looking forward to his visit.