Sunday, April 20, 2008

our weekend in pictures







First of all, my apologies to all my Canadian family and friends who were lambasted with a foot of snow. Now is a great time to visit Texas- open invitation to all.

Our weekend was really fun. There was a music festival in Buffalo Gap's historic village and we were invited. It does help having a musician husband so that we can get some culture now and then. Brian played a great set on one of the "stages" it was in an old historic church building, which was actually refreshingly cool after sitting out in the sun. We heard some really horrid music and some great acts, got to introduce the kids to stand up basses, accordions, 6 string fretless bass, violin, bongos, dulcimer, some guitar thing that looks like a table (I forgot it's name). We had picnic foods and enjoyed being outside where it was pretty, with people enjoying music and having fun.


The bummer was that the acts Brian was most interested in seeing were past the meltdown hour, when children turn into overly tired little monsters- so we skipped out on those ones and headed home fairly early.
I wish I had been further back so that you could have seen his foot action. Ivan was really grooving.

5 comments:

Ian said...

Could you send some of that warm air up here, please . . . . !!!!
It was raining this evening and it is quickly turning to ice. It is supposed to rain for the next four days.

@mber said...

We need some good weather too! I'm in Edmonton and it hasn't stopped snowing since Saturday. I tried going home yesturday and ended up in the ditch. So today I'm "working" from my parents house. I'm not even sure if I'll be able to go back tomorrow. The nice thing is that I'm still in my pj's.

Nana said...

Dominique, you have the "grace" of your Nana! Cool moves Ivan! Love to you all.

Davis Family said...

Aren't those great summer weekends just magical. Looks like you guys had a great time.

Davis Family said...

Hey - I have tagged you - see my blog for more info.