Monday, April 07, 2008

A few days with Nana






We enjoyed another of Nana's quick visits. She came up last Thurs. and left Sat. afternoon, but somehow we packed in a lot of fun- eating out, going to reading time, a trip to the library, the pool, Lowes (twice) getting and planting flowers and watching our chrysalis develop into a butterfly (more on that on another post).



I had a bit of a hairy Monday. It seems that Mondays are the hardest for the kids- getting back into the routine, but perhaps that is the common theme for all of North America, with weekends then work or school. With just my kids I never noticed a difference, but now that we have Mon.-Wed. with more activities, structure and the thrill of other kids around I can perceive the rhythm of it more.

Are you going to (or have already) planted flowers this year? What kinds are on your planting list?

5 comments:

@mber said...

Well, I do have a little deck in this apartment so I think I will plant some potted flowers. It just snowed on the weekend though so I think it might be a little soon here. I might plant something in the house and then move it outside. Ivan looks like he knows what he's doing though!

Kimberley said...

Plant flowers? In April? You've been in Texas too long! Because Calgary is so close to the mountains, and our weather can get chilly fast, I usually wait until June to plant anything! I know that's leaving it a little late, but at least then I won't lose anything when we get an unexpected foot of snow in May!

Anonymous said...

We don't plant flowers, they grow on their own. *g*

There are some flowers that have to be taken out of the ground during winter and put back in during spring. But you can hardly call that planting.

armacleod said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ian said...

We still have snow on the ground; what do you mean: plant flowers!