Saturday, April 12, 2008

Birthday Bash and potty tales





Birthday Bash
Here are a few pictures from the day of Micah's first birthday. His mom made cupcakes and provided party hats and napkins. They enjoyed the little fiesta and now Ivan wants me to start on his pinata and birthday. I told him we've got lots of time, much to his chagrin.







Potty Tales

As any toddler parent knows, we could post volumes about potty episodes. Us women don't always appreciate constant potty humor- but sometimes it really is hilarious, of course guys never tire of it. And dad- Ivan did indeed say "Old MacDonald had a fart- EIEIO". Here, Ivan is trying to help his sister by reading a story to her as she sits on the potty.

He was a little too helpful the other day. She had gone in her diaper, but wanted to sit on the potty, so I had sat her on it and run to catch the phone. When I came back, she was bent over with her feet and hands on the floor and Ivan was wiping her butt with wipes. There were about 35 wipes in the toilet. Yeah, glad I got there before he tried to flush it. Our toilet can barely handle regular fare yet alone a box full of wipes (we need to replace the sewer line ASAP- yipee ;(

Poor Dominique has been wrongly influenced by the boys. She wanted to sit on her potty, so I got her on it and told her to go peepee. I was shocked when I saw her trying to pull out and hold her privates like the boys do! It took me a minute to recover and I tried to gentle tell her that girls don't need to hold themselves like that to pee. Everything is so complicated when you're trying to learn it for the first time!!

Here is the cream of the crop! Dominique was trying to put on Ivan's underwear when I was folding laundry, so I went to her drawers and showed her her big girl panties. She wanted to wear some of course and promptly peed in them. So I put her back in a diaper and she was not too happy about it. Ivan, being the older and wiser brother, tried to explain things to her and ease her tension. I am quoting him here, 'cause I wrote it down as soon as I heard it:

"Dominique, you have to be a woman,
then you have to be a mommy,
then you'll know how to go to the potty"

Yeah, I hope she learns faster than that!

5 comments:

GMS said...

The stories just get funnier all the time. We appreciate you sharing all your "private" moments with all your many blog family and friends.
It helps us to feel closer even when we are not able to be.

Kimberley said...

My niece decided that it wasn't worth being potty trained if she couldn't pee standing up like her big brother. Enjoy your challenges ahead!

Davis Family said...

We are still hung up on pooping in the potty (by we I mean Gavin). He explained to me that when he was big like me he would poop on the potty. Like you - I hope we don't wait that long!
Way too funny!

Davis Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I can't remember that I try to do it was the boys did. But I am fairly sure that I thought it not nice that they can do that and I can't, especially when we travelled. (Back in the days they didn't had too many restrooms on the autobahn. No kidding.)

Anyway, can you clone Saba for me? She is so cute with the hat.