Monday, March 03, 2008

"snowing"

Yesterday I was noticing that more and more people are walking around in shorts and or tank tops. Today it's snowing. OK, so it's not leaving the ground white yet, I don't know if it will get serious enough to be able to detect it apart from looking up in the air and noticing that the rain has some mass to it. Ivan was really excited that it might snow, so for his sake I hope it gets a little thicker. Last night we got heavy rain, lots of dramatic thunder, lightning and hail. We delayed bed time so that we could all go out and watch it. Another neighbor was out too on his porch. That tells you how little it rains here. The kids were very excited about the weather until we made them get in bed, then it was a bit intimidating and scary. I was glad they didn't wake up when the loudest booming I have ever heard occurred around midnight. It actually shook the house.

Here are a couple of videos from a while back, when we were drinking tea outside on a beautiful afternoon. Maybe it will draw you back to your memories of simple times.


We have had a leisurely day today. I'm off with the boys until tomorrow and Brian is off too, with the weather like it is. When went for a starbucks date, got a few things we were out of at the store and visited the pet store. There is a talking parrot there who loves kids and really showed off for us. They have great aquariums that are fun to look at with tropical fish too. Saw the snakes and rats- yuck, then picked out a new snail and a bright red fish on sale. I hope the snail survives. We've been really good at killing them off this year. The kids were all excited about our purchases. Anything with life- plants, insects, animals, flowers is cause for joy and wonderment around here. It's good to have 2 little people to remind us to drink in the goodness around us and to be in awe of even the little creatures and growth.

2 comments:

Trail Rider said...

I just love how you encourage me. You are so genuine. I always knew that you were a safe place. School was just so hard. Thank you for everything you said. I really believe God has touched me through your words. I love how you communicate.

Ian said...

It was -18 here with a wind chill it felt like -30. I hope that you didn't suffer too much with your "snow."