Sunday, March 09, 2008

bathroom fun




I think you only ever use the words "bathroom" and "fun" in the same sentence if you have young children. To them any place can be fun- well maybe not the doctor's or dentist's as much.

It's pouring rain again, with dramatic lightning, thunder and hail. That is nice for here since it is typically very dry. The only down side is having to keep the kids indoors tomorrow, but I'll probably need to anyways since Dominique is still running a fever.

She loves to look at pictures and has adopted a new phrase: "oh, how cute". I'll try to get it on video. Her vocabulary is increasing by leaps and bounds- not that I can always decipher it the first, second or ninth time through, but we are getting there.

Sometimes she likes to sit on the potty, usually after the big boys have gone. She had to go today and I rushed her to the potty. She told me "done" (but she hadn't done anything) and pleaded for a diaper. I knew exactly what was coming. These diapers are just too good and once they are comfortable going in them, the transition is a little daunting. Won't she just love me for that picture of her when she is older?

3 comments:

Ian said...

The sun was shining and it got to about +1 today.

GMS said...

If you go close-up on her face, it really looks like she is concentrating AND
No she won't ever love that picture.

Trail Rider said...

cute, and her new phrase must sound super cute!

about your question,
"was there someone specific that happened that day that made you never go back?"

I'mgoing to assume that you meant "something" instead of someone....

Surrender is the word that I remember from that day that I decided to stay clean for good. I was bawling my eyes out in my room realizing the harsh reality that Joe may never come back.

My thoughts went this way, "Joe's never coming back. Now what? I can continue in this road of pain and suffering or I can move forward and grab hold of the hope offered to me by God that He will take care of me"

More and more, I think I truly understand this TRUTH now more than ever
IT"S ALL ABOUT CHOICE

I hear you when you shared about your hubby. It sounds like he also DECIDED that he was going to take charge of the lie and believe the truth. The enemy wants us to believe that we don't have a say, that our struggles are just too big. And after suffering with an addiction, or depression, or a stronghold of sin in your life for a long time, the devil really feeds those lies of discouragement and hopelessness and helplessness.

I'm happy to hear that your hubby has walked free from the lie of "there is no hope" God IS GOOD