Saturday, March 08, 2008

May I have this dance?

I didn't know if I should publish this, because I didn't want mom to worry or feel like she needed to call, but we can use your prayers- so this just out- something has hit us again. A friend told me people are getting the flu repeatedly- as in it comes back. I'm not sure if that's what it is, but the kids are running fevers. Last night Nana was still here and we made it through Ivan's high fevers and wet cloth wipe downs. This morning he was done and I thought it was over, but now he's running around 100 and is being a real trooper. Hopefully it will just peter out. The good thing is that I'm a seasoned pro at this now and know what all to look for. Tonight it's been Dominique with the high temps. I'm hoping it will all be gone by the weekends end.

Ivan has decided he likes to wear jogging pants. He likes his newfound independence- like trying to wash his body by himself in the bath tonight. He likes to wear the joggers because then he needs no help at all going to the potty. If we put him in jeans, he protests over the "bum bum and zip zip". Yeah, we couldn't figure that out at first either, but soon discovered it means the button and zipper.

2 comments:

Ian said...

Your mom probably is so busy helping Jennifer and Imogen that she won't have time to check your blog (assuming that Joan can get it on her computer). Anyway, if you are handling it I won't mention it to her.
BTW that was a great clip of their dance.

GMS said...

Grandpa Ray is quite sick too with fevers alternating with chills and a bad cough and sore throat. The MD gave him 3 prescriptions that haven't started to help too much yet but he did get a note not to go to work till at least Tuesday. He's trying not to give it to me.