Sunday, March 02, 2008

growing up so fast.

Ivan took this picture all by himself. That is his favorite expression these days "all by myself". Today he nearly dressed himself "all by himself" and went to the bathroom with no help. This last week, I let him use a public restroom all by himself. He's asked before and I've said "no", but the store was very quiet and I just felt a peace about letting him go in. I prayed protection over him and let him go in the men's bathroom. An older man came out and said no one else was in there if I wanted to go in to help him, but I just waited outside the door (right outside the door). He came out beaming. I drilled him- did you put the paper in the trash? wash your hands? flush? He kept saying "yes, yes, yes- I did it all by myself", "you're a good mom" he added.

He is very good about saying thanks. When I cook, he tells me repeatedly "thanks for making supper, it was very delicious". The other day, he said "thanks for taking care of me". We have been having a lot of fun together being goofy and laughing and just enjoying life.


Here's the little rocker with his daddy's bass.


Dominique's hair was getting gangly. There was one strand longer than all the rest which was about the same length. You can't tell that very well from this picture, but I wanted to show you how long it had gotten. I trimmed off the little excess in back and it looks much better now. I wrapped it in a bow and put it in a ziploc in her baby book, because I'm sure she'll want her hair when she's an adult!


Dominique loves to say "yep" instead of "yes". It's so cute. I need to get it on video before she grows out of it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ang - I forget...did Ivan quit saying "all my by-self"?

Now THAT was cute.

Brian

Kimberley said...

Ange, I just wanted to say that I rarely leave a comment, but I do read your blog regularly!

Do you remember the video you posted ages ago of Ivan's southern drawl? Ever since then Jason and I both say "I'm tired" in the same accent!

Unknown said...

I really like that he added 'you're a good mom.' that's sweet :)