Wednesday, March 26, 2008

kitchen color and easter gifts



The little paint sample was actually some non-food sounding sample Brian had picked out. It was almost exactly like one of the many I had chosen. My greatest fear was that it would be too close to our old color and I was so bored of that. Not only has it been the color for these 5 years, but it is the color of every wall in the house and is not washable. The little paint sample was very deceiving. It looked so close to our old color, but turned out to be totally different- and we love it! It's a darker color, but much brighter. What looked like an off white sample size turned out to be a cheery yellow wall sized. The picture with both kids has Ivan on the new colored kitchen side and Dominique closer to the original color still in the hallway. Every day Ivan asks why we painted the kitchen, declares that it's beautiful and adds it to a mealtime prayer of thanks. So funny.


I for one am a fan of the dollar stores. For 2 bucks, I got the kids endless fun. Ivan practically sleeps with his new bat (I told him it couldn't be in the bed, so it is beside the bed). He didn't want it outside where it could get rain on it. Dominique is actually pretty good with it. Several times she has thrown the ball up with one hand and hit it with the bat in the other hand. Two handed, she's not so good, but always cute. Her batting position is more appropriate to a camera shoot than a well executed swing. I'll capture the moment sometime and you'll see what I mean. She's becoming a little poser.



3 comments:

GMS said...

I, too, tried to do Easter "gifts" instead of the chocolate bunny thing. My kids never liked real eggs so we would do the plastic ones and fill them with little surprises.
The videos are precious.
The color of the kitchen is perfect. As you may remember, mine is yellow with sunflower accents.

Anonymous said...

What is the name of that color. It looks pretty good in the photos.

When I was in the paint business, I was always amused at how many times the company,s would use a food adjective in a color name. One thing was always certain, if it had "Chocolate or Cocoa or Mocha" in the name, it sell.

Grampa Ray

Madame Angela Baggett said...

"white pine" was the tasteless name.