Friday, February 15, 2008

Recovering

Today was a good day. Both kids finished the horrid, vile, disgusting flu medicine that everyone admits probably doesn't help much anyways. I'm not sure it did Ivan any good, but it probably cut Dominique's round short. I managed to get Ivan in to the doctor before lunch thanks to my speed dial capabilities. For 30 minutes, I dialed every 10 secs until I got a non-busy signal. The doctor said Ivan's ears are still horrible and prescribed a new antibiotic. We started it already and Ivan is acting much better. I think all he has is the ear infection now- barely any fevers, if any today.

I also got a nap. Ahhhhhhh, a nap. ;)



Speaking of, here are some pics along that theme. This is BEFORE.














This is a minute or so AFTER.









In this one, she fell asleep with a balloon in her bed, which I thought was dangerous, so I removed it as she slept. I heard her moving about that morning and found her in the living room with her balloon again.









This was where I found her after she threw a fit for me putting her in her bed for a nap. She just climbed out and thought she'd enjoy a little read, but sleep was too strong for her little protest.




This is how I found her one morning after she got up and I let her out of her room- raring to go with Ivan's backpack and book.

3 comments:

Davis Family said...

Yeah a nap! Good for you. What a beautiful sleeping princess. Those are really wonderful images.
God Bless you guys and I hope Ivan's ears heal soon.

jenn with two n's said...

A girl after my own heart. Mom and Dad have a pic of me falling asleep drawing/writing too. She looks ready for school in the last photo. I drove Mom nuts asking if I could go to school. So glad that things are improving regarding everyone's health. Love you guys.

armacleod said...

I'm glad you have survived the ordeals and are now all in healthier conditions. Ear infections can be the worst at times. God bless you with good health for the rest of the year.