Sunday, February 24, 2008

have a cup of tea with me





Dominique has some items she obsesses over a little... a book based on the Hokey Pokey song, a cd she calls E-I-E-I-O because it has the song Old MacDonald on it and videos. The other night she woke up, so I brought her in bed with us and she stirred in her sleep crying out "video". She used to say the word balloon, but has decided they are now called "Iya" her name for Ivan- not sure why.

Cute Ivan episode: he was talking about all the things he will be able to do when he is grown up and on the top of his list was vacuuming I just had to put that in for posterity. I'm sure he won't always feel that way.

Was there something you really wanted to do when you grew up? Have you done it? Is it as exciting as you thought it would be?

4 comments:

Nana said...

I loved Ivan's comment about vacuuming. I remember when Brian was asked what he wanted for Christmas about the age of 3 or there abouts, his answer was a broom. Must be something about cleaning tools in their genes. The "tea party" looks very inviting. Love you. Nana & Papa

armacleod said...

They look sooo cute together. I remember one time playing with Jennifer, she with her Barbie doll, me with my GiJoe. I remember thinking that my guy was so much shorter then her girl, but I was too busy having fun to let that bother me. Anywho, the tea party looks like they had a lot of fun. Maybe someday you'll teach them to play tea party with some real tea! ;)

Ian said...

I vaguely remember having a piece of white chalk and on a dark green painted wooden floor I drew out streets and, with little blocks of wood, I pretended to drive around the streets. I did sometimes dream of being a carpenter when I grew up because that is what my dad used to do. I still like to build things because it gives you immediate reward when you finish the job, unlike teaching which can take years to see the results.

Trail Rider said...

Do you have any idea how VALUABLE this blog will be to your children????

One day, this blog will be dearly loved by your own kids and even grandkids. I love how you use your blog to rememeber the little things your kids do, I always tell myself I should write things down and then forget. It's things like, "mommy, I wanna be able to vacuum when I get big"

PRICELESS!

love coming here. Haven't in a week or so. Take care ang