Sunday, February 03, 2008

Imitation is the highest form of flattery- dad quote

Do you remember the video from Brian's birthday with Danny playing some kind of funked out drum that you sit on? If not, just go back a few posts. The kids have decided the sitting drum thing was pretty cool, as you can see...



Dominique has been really cracking me up lately. She is communicating so much and loves to imitate goofy expressions or impress us with her antics. She is growing up so fast and I think is trying to all the more with two older boys around. Yesterday, when we were swimming in the pool, she told me "poop"- I checked and to my relief there was nothing- yet. I asked her if she needed to go potty and she said "yah". So I took her to the potty- in the icy cold air conditioned dressing room and to my surprise she peed on the potty! All day she wanted to sit on the potty and actually went twice. Yeah, yeah, it seems we're underway. Ivan can go all by himself now, so that is really awesome. I think it's really helped them having Caleb here, since he goes all on his own too.

5 comments:

Davis Family said...

I have heard girls are easier than boys to potty train. I have been hoping our second born will be easier than the first. You have given me hope!

Deana said...

yeah for big kids using the potty!!!

love the videos, they are growing up so much!

Ian said...

I see the beginnings of a new band.

armacleod said...

On another note, I see Mimi's hair filling in very nicely. Very long too. Perfect for a rock star.

Janet said...

Oh, I feel your excitement! Yesterday Kellen peed on the potty! Today he did it 3 times!!!! I didn't know how exciting it can be! I haven't really tried hard. I thought I should wait until we are settled with the new baby. But I am so tempted now that I know he can do it. Hope it keeps going so well for you!