Saturday, February 09, 2008

in sickness and in health

For those of you who are so enthralled with our daily happenings that you actually read this blog and are thus fiercely interested in our progress through our current wave of sickness- I'm hoping we are on the mend. Actually- Brian seems to be feeling better. Ivan has been totally miserable for 3 days, until his last dose of Motrin when I suddenly got my son back. It wears off in an hour so we'll see how he is, only he's been saying his ears hurt, so we may end up spending the day at the walk in clinic if they still hurt tomorrow (please NO!). Dominique woke from her nap with a fever, but I think that was because she wouldn't take off her jacket when she went down for a nap and was in a warm room.

The house was supposed to get cleaned yesterday or today. I tried doing a really skimpy job on the bathroom, but still only got half done. Ivan just wanted to be held and whine all day. He watched a lot of videos, but wanted to be held even while he watched those. I did take off when the kids were sleeping and braided Big Buddy's hair! He likes to wear it long and I've been teasing for years that he could get it braided. A week or so ago, he said he wanted it done. It actually looks great.

Here is Dominique's first original composition on the play stick. She cracks me up so much. She just enjoys life so fully, except when she's screaming at 80 decibels at her brother, but I think she even enjoys that- much to our chagrin.

Do you ever make up songs? What do you sing about?

8 comments:

jenn with two n's said...

Great lyrics! Of course there are those of us who check and are enthralled. Hope you all are on the mend soon. Love you.

GMS said...

There are probably many more reading your posts than actually comment.

Great song with great lyrics!!

@mber said...

I check your blog all the time. Your kids are too cute to miss out on.

Anonymous said...

\loved the composition "mAMAMAMA"

Anonymous said...

The "jelling at your bother in the highest tone possible" is so natural. I used to do it and I am almost sure that every younger sister does that to her older brother. Of course it's not nice for the other being around, but he that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Pamela said...

Your's is always one of the first blogs I check!

Ian said...

I've got your site permanently on my tool bar at the top.

Davis Family said...

Once again - weird! We've all been sick here - I haven't been checking in because I also got the flu this time and haven't had much oomph! Praying for health to your house.
Roberta & sicko family