Thursday, February 07, 2008

quarantined





I got a little concerned when I read that my cousin Roberta's house got the flu. Thanks for sharing the bug! That's a joke, 'cause it seems that we have parallel lives. Truth is the boys I watch were sick the last couple of weeks, along with half of Abilene, so it's no wonder that it finally hit us. Brian has been sick all week, Dominique had the sniffles, but didn't seem so bad. Ivan, who I thought missed it, started running fever last night and is now officially miserable. As soon as the ibuprofen wears off, his temp. goes back up again. Nevertheless, even with feeling miserable- he asks if Caleb is coming today.

Dominique has what could be an unhealthy fixation on Ivan's backpack. I call it unhealthy because she thrown many a fit over it and missed out on grocery shopping today because of it. She doesn't ever want to take it off. She wants to sleep with it on (doesn't work), go in the car with it on (doesn't work) and shows up at her door in the morning wearing it. Brian hid it today after she got left and was crying hysterically from the traumatic moment when I told her that she could bring the backpack, but not wear it in her car seat. Apparently he didn't hide it very well, because she found it. I found a new hiding place. She is so cute wearing it though. She is also enthralled with shoes and enjoys putting on the boys shoes and walking in them giggling all the while. She has also figured out how to put on one of her shoes, but only one and on the wrong foot.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

I really like the pigtail picture. Soooo adorable!