Saturday, July 14, 2007

Survived!










We survived another birthday party! I'm exhausted. Good thing tomorrow we can get some rest. Here are some pics and I can maybe get some videos posted tomorrow too- you know, while I'm resting ;)

We played a few games, which was a challenge with such a huge age spread. We just invite friends with kids, since we get invited to their parties too. It was really our neighbors, neighbor's family and our friends from the Congo. Some others couldn't make it and came over yesterday to play and give Dominique gifts.

She got lots of pretty outfits and seemed to really enjoy all the attention. Brian had to remove Ivan from the party 3 times, since he thought it should be all about him. I think I'm going to tell Dominique that she can skip age two. She can be one and then three. Do you think it will help?

He was actually some good. He wanted to "help" me make the cake last night and kept singing "Happy Birthday Dominique", then he added a new verse: Happy Birthday Ivan and Mommy and Daddy.

My really exciting news is that a friend gave me a gift too- a small freezer. I'd been thinking I'd need one eventually and she got one but hasn't used it yet, so she figured she'd give it to me ;) Maybe we'll get it tomorrow- you know, while we're resting, so that I can freeze that huge tub of ice cream and the left over burgers, hotdogs and buns.

If my freezer is not full, it doesn't run as efficiently, so do you think putting big sections of styrofoam would make it better until we have it more full? Any ideas?

3 comments:

Ian said...

Actually the Styrofoam idea would work. Ha, I got to post first on your blog this time. Great pictures, thanks.

Kimberley said...

Wow! That cake looks amazing! I'll bet that it tasted great too!

About the freezer - it runs most efficiently when full. We keep our fridge freezer full of Tupperware (whether empty or full containers) at all times, and our small chest freezer has empty boxes on the bottom (it helps me to find things that way). Styrofoam would work great I'm sure.

Say Happy Birthday to Mimi from us.

Nana said...

Happy Birthday party number 3. Gets better and better. Congrats on the freezer. I know it will be a tremendous help to you. Fill it with those great home made muffins, waffles etc. Oh, of course that mint ice cream you like. Poor Ivan has to step back for Dominique's special day. In his mind I'm sure he is just thinking, "bummer"! We love you all.