Thursday, July 12, 2007

Birthday bash day 1







It appears that Dominique will have a total of three "birthdays". Her actually day, I put her in an especially beautiful outfit and we went to see our friend Mary in Anson. One of the nurses at the home gave the kids helium filled balloons and Ivan danced and sang "I love balloons", while Dominique discovered the joys of letting it go and have someone fetch it. Her game didn't work as well when we got home and the balloon met the ceiling fan. While in Anson our friend Grandma Wynetta took us to lunch. Can you see Dominique stuffing her face- that girl can eat! She had fried chicken and french fries. We went shopping for a new car seat. She was in the one we had used with Ivan, as you can see, neither of them fit in it anymore, and certainly not both at the same time. I wish you could have seen her face when she got to ride in the car facing the front- she was all smiles. That night we took her for out to an all you can eat salad/pasta/pizza place. They don't charge for kids under 3- the suckers! I think my kids each ate an entire pizza. They also ate an entire bowl of pasta and desert.

While there Ivan kept saying we needed to go to Dominique's birthday. And where is her birthday? Brian kept trying to explain that a birthday is a day, but was getting nowhere, so he told him that we forgot it at home. We are not sure exactly what birthday thing Ivan is looking for, but maybe we'll have it before the weekend is done. Her actual party is set for Sat. eve, but tomorrow we're having a couple of little friends over to play in the pool and have lunch since they can't make it Sat. I'm tired already- ok, so maybe that's 'cause it's almost midnight --- zzz sweet dreams

6 comments:

Deana said...

Happy Birthday to a sweet girl! She's growing up in each picture!

armacleod said...

Happy Birthday my Favorite Niece!

Ian said...

I notice that you have some night owls watching for your updates. I thought I would be the first to comment on your new blog because I woke up early. Anyway, I'm glad that you are keeping everyone included in the excitement with your new posts. Give a hug to my grandchildren for me.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday from me too. Unfortunatly I was burried under work and university and couldn't sent a card. Hope to do that next year.

Kimberley said...

I can't believe that it's been a year already! It snuck up on me (I'm usually so much more organized about such things).

Happy Birthday to Mimi!

Nana said...

Happy Birthday Dominique! It sounds like you are really going to celebrate your birthday multi days. Works for me!