Monday, July 23, 2007

Siblings ;)

Brian is picking Jenn and John up in about 20 or 30 minutes in Dallas, so I thought it would be appropriate to save these pictures for today. The theme of course is siblings. I'm not sure what school the 2nd child goes to to attain the adoring the older sibling look, or I guess it comes naturally...
















Ivan on the other hand, loves being the big brother. He often wants to hold Dominique or pick her up. He imitates what she does (not always good) and even wants to do the bad things she does (definitely not good) and even wants to get spanked when she gets spanked (???). If I am watching another baby, he wants to hold that baby too and sometimes tries to care for this little doll that he says is a boy.







I couldn't believe it when I saw how these two pictures came out. People don't always guess that they are mine, but they definitely belong together! Little twinsies, down to the expression.


















In a pair of glasses that were in the treat bags for Dominique's party.

6 comments:

Madame Angela Baggett said...

sorry the retro pic is so small and blurry- just trust me, she is looking at me adoringly, even (maybe because of) how fashionable I look in those humongous uncomfortable curlers!

Ian said...

What great memories your are saving up for your kids when they are older.

Anonymous said...

My brother and me are looking the same too. People confused us while I had my short hair periode. *g* Now we both have long hair, but he has dark hair and I hav blond hair. (Although he start to have blond parts in them which is weird.)

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time with John and Jennifer!!
Love to you all.
Sharon

Nana said...

I'm so proud of Ivan wanting to take of his little sister. I always protected my little brother while growing up. Sometimes it meant stepping in and pushing another kid down a hill, or wincing when he got in trouble and got a spanking. Of course we had our times when we were at odds with each other. With 3 kids in the family it seems it was always 2 against the other. How about you Ange?

Madame Angela Baggett said...

I treated Jenn horrible when she was young, getting her in trouble on purpose. When that finally fell apart for me, we ganged up together and tortured Andrew- poor guy. At some point, we all grew up and forgave each other- right Andrew? No hard feelings OK- not even about the...

Better let it stay in the past.