Wednesday, July 18, 2007

catch up






So, the thing is, I keep a folder of pictures and videos that I'd like to post and it has tons of material in it, plus I keep adding to it every few days with new pictures and videos and Jenn and John are coming in a week- at which point we will be clicking away again and will make all the stuff I have now seem horribly outdated, although it will only be by a month or so, which in all actuality is a long time to a one or two year old. So- all of that to say, I'm going to plaster you with pictures and videos to try to catch up. I've already cut back a bunch of it, but there is just so many precious moments to share!





The flowers are from our awesome front beds. I say awesome because most years nothing comes up unless we spend some actual money and buy plants already established. We like the wildflowers that come from seeds (and cost 10 cents a pack), but this is only the second year they took at all. We are enjoying them and so are the butterflies. Then, there are pictures from the day we tried to fly our kites again. That was when my hair was braided. Kite flying is much harder than it looks. Even harder than growing flowers in Abilene.

Did you enjoy flying kites as a kid? What flowers do you have in your yard?

3 comments:

Nana said...

Your flowers and grass are awsome this year. Nice what a little rain in Abilene can do. Pictures as uaual are absolutely great. Keep flooding us with pictures and videos we never get tired of seeing those beautiful children!

GMS said...

The children outshine the flowers!
Never could get a kite to go up, but did try.
We have hyacinths, daffodils, tiger lilies, poppies,
roses, lilacs, some wild violets and lots of wild dandelions.
No butterlies, though.

Ian said...

Your mom take Jenn and John to the airport so they are on their way. I got a picture of the Koops family; I guess I should blog it. I wish that I was there to enjoy visiting Dominique and Ivan and Saba and (oops I forgot the name of the cat . . . Scratches?? ) Oh yeah, I suppose I could even spent time with you and Brian!