Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas excitement budding

We are about to head out for Saskatoon tonight so that we can celebrate Imogen's 4th birthday and a bit of Christmas cheer before we leave for Texas. And the grandparents are going to keep our grand dog for us while we are away. Dominique was sick yesterday so I am carefully watching her today to determine if she should go or not. She dragged herself out of bed on her own, got dressed and ate a bit of cereal then squeaked out "is today the swim party?" Poor girl, really wants to go, but she is much better today. She did have a slight fever, but nothing like yesterday. OH, go away stomach and sinus bugs!!


The kids are so excited and with good reason. Trips, family, Brian and I are excited too!!





Dominique the smart shopper should have been with me while I got my niece and nephew gifts. She just informed me that the gift I'd gotten a month ago for Imogen is something she already has! I wished I'd informed her earlier! But I figured out something last minute, so yeah!!





It's been pretty exciting, finding and being given gifts/thanks from work and kids. I don't work much, and yet got 2 gifts for my work cleaning the bank and a little something from the library and Brian got a couple of bikes from his boss!! So exciting. I'd been wanting to get a bike all summer and was going to use my birthday money once the Christmas mayhem was over. Now I can move on to something else on my wish list ;)

It also doesn't hurt knowing that we won't be having all the school schedule and early morning clean schedule and life as general schedule, but seeing sights and friends and family and lots and lots of special moments... ah, so nice to anticipate and enjoy rest/renewal/recouperation and regrouping. Especially at the end of the year, it's nice to reflect and go back and look forward...

2 comments:

Nana said...

Dominique looks so grown up. It sounds like she has it all together and will be able to take care of all of us with out a hitch!!!!

MacLeodofSaskatoon said...

It will be good to have you here, even if it is for a short while.