Tuesday, September 07, 2010

success!




Ivan totally loved his first day of school. I asked him what was his favorite part and he said the whole day was his favorite. From what I gathered, they had an assembly and Ivan along with other small kids were helped on stage with the big kids to sing and dance. He played with a kid on the seasaws, but can't remember the kid's name and was overly bubbly and proud of his day. I didn't think I was going to get emotional but found myself overcome as I drove home. We would have walked, but it was overcast and had been raining all night, plus his backpack had about 30 lbs in it.

Meanwhile, Brian and I finally got all the pictures hung. I couldn't believe how many pictures we had! We didn't hang all of them, saved some for downstairs, but still there were tons and of course we had to figure out how to put them all up. You have to remember that the only time we ever moved, we went from just the two of us in an efficiency apartment to a much bigger home. We barely had anything and moved into tons of space. Now we have too many things and are coordinating it all into a new space. It's working, but a much different experience.

Here are pics from our weekend. We celebrated my brother and his wife's reunion (presently) and wedding from last year. She arrived about a month ago from Germany. I got to mc the affair. Here I am with dad who is wearing a kilt made out of the MacLeod tartan. My brother was wearing one too and so was John, my sister's husband. The pic above is cousins from Fort Qu'Appelle who came and Imogen too.

1 comment:

GMS said...

So, so glad the first day went well. Also glad to hear about the house-picture hanging. Lots happening in your life.