Sunday, September 12, 2010

not raining, but still home bound

The rain finally let up a bit, so I was all excited to get the kids out and go to a park or something, then Emora started running a fever. She has been feverish all weekend and mostly drugged up, since it kept getting too high for my comfort. We've had lots of middle of the night runs to her room, although right now she's sitting on the couch in a diaper and one shoe singing to herself. I'm thinking if she does not show improvement over night or in the early morning, I'll be taking her in. She's been congested a lot since we came up in May, with the different weather and environment and from teething (she has 4 eye teeth emerging), so I'm sure it's in her ears now. I'm also watching Dominique, we walked to the beach today (I was wrong btw. It is not a 7 min. walk. I timed it and we clocked in at 16 minutes to the beach ;) It was so incredibly windy, which was kind of fun because the waves were riotous and the kids got to chase the seagulls off the lawns a couple of times and I got on the dock with Ivan and Dominique seperately where we rocked and rolled with the waves and got splashed up to our faces from the waves crashing through the slats of the dock. It was kind of scary, but I didn't take them very far onto it. That really would have been dangerous. I'm not sure how deep the water is out there and there is really nothing to hold on to.

Definitely one of our favorite things here is being able to walk to places- the school, the community outreach, stores, the Post Office, the beach and in neighborhoods, I don't think anything is farther than about 30 minutes by foot from our house. We need to enjoy it now. Fall is already here, the leaves are starting to change colors and snow will be coming beyond that!

3 comments:

Ian said...

I hope that Emora is feeling better soon. Giver her a hug for me.

GMS said...

You will probably be walking in the snow soon enough & that will be fun.
I pray everyone's health improves soon.

Lin said...

I hope everyone has gotten over their sickness now. Love you and Miss you lots! Keep in touch