Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Ready to live life

I'm ready to exit my cave of settleling in and do fun stuff with the kids again. Today I spent the entire day cleaning the house. It was so exhausting, but the regular cleanings should be way better. The laminate was a breeze and it made me really appreciate them. I spent quite a bit of time trying to repair furniture that was scratched or had surface removed along with the duct tape upon unpacking.

Ivan had another fabulous day at school. He and I walked this morning. I guessed it was a 20 to 30 minute walk. It took us 12 minutes! So awesome. He wants to ride his bike, but we told him he had to learn to ride it without the training wheels first. His school is doing no nuts because of deadly allergy reactions in other kids, so we can't do peanut butter sandwhiches!! How will we survive? I'm actually not upset, because I don't like them having p&honey everyday anyways. The school was good to send home a bunch of lunch suggestions that don't include nuts or nut products and I thought that was awesome.

Two funnies from yesterday. When Ivan and I arrived at the school, we found his shoes in the mud room, the same looking shoes he had on his feet, only the ones on the shelves had his name on the tongues staring at us, accusing us, crying out to be heard. Then it dawned on me- he had worn someone else's shoes home that first day! Oops, sorry shoeless kid. I guess that's why they wrote home and said to write his name on everything even all his clothes, all year. I just wrote in his shoes and jacket. I figured they won't be removing pants and shirts anyways.

Also, my cousin stopped by yesterday while Ivan was taking a bath, as I update her on his day, I hear peals of laughter from 3 voices emanating from the bathroom. I go to check and see not one, but three children in the very full bath. Dominique removed her clothes and got in. Emora did not. She was sitting chest high in warm bath water, with pants, diaper, and shirt on, a pad of soggy paper in one hand and a pen in the other, trying to write on the wet paper. I yelled at Sheena to come look, then went for the camera, but Emora was already crawling out when I got back.

I'll try to upload the pictures of our house set up soon. In the meantime, here are more pics from our time in Stoon, where the cousins had fun playing, dancing, meeting Isaac and doing anything but sleeping. This year my extended family increased by 7. The Baggett 5 moved here, Andrea (far left) arrived from Germany, she is on my brother's lap- yep, they are so happy together, and Isaac was born to Jenn (with baby) and John in front on the floor. Also seen are my mom on the couch and dad, with Jenn and John's daughter, Imogen.

No comments: