Thursday, September 09, 2010

As promised, the before, during and after pics

When you first walk in the front door, we present, the living room, before, set up somewhat and then the final look with paint. I discovered their names when I went to water my new plants, Big Cane on the left and Song of Jamaica on the right! So cool huh?






Next, off the living area is the dining room... It is painted yellow, the same as the kitchen and a tan color on the other wall, which isn't coming out the same in the pictures, but you can barely tell they are different colors and the tan tones down the yellow some on the other wall of the dining room.




























The same tan color from the dining room is the color of the hallway seen here.

Which leads first into the kid's room. We didn't paint this room since we could live with the color.




Next down the hall is the upstairs bathroom. It's so nice having a bigger bathroom. This one is not huge, but at least normal size. Our last one in Abilene was so very small. The mauve walls kind of matched the sink, but was more pink and I really hated it. Now the cream color is a blend between the white of the bathtub and the off white of the cabinet. We took the color from the marble in the counter top.


Last down the hall is our master bedroom. I made the head board, cushions and curtains while in Stoon for this room and the curtains also in the dining room, kitchen and laundry, plus I added material to the back of the curtains in the kid's room so that it would be dark in the mornings and filter out the early sun.
It's funny because I did not set out to make my room black and blue. The black dresser was given to us and the walls are a very pale blue, plus I do like blue. But mom convinced me to get this darker blue material, which is actually my favorite color although I was going to get something paler. Now I love it and remembered that as a teenager I begged and begged my parents for a black and blue room. I got it now though and we still didn't need to paint a wall black (which was what my dad didn't want to do).

I had enough material from the kitchen to do the laundry too.

Lastly, where I spend a considerable time, the kitchen-


9 comments:

Kimberley said...

Looks good! It's amazing how a fresh coat of paint can make such a huge difference to a room.

Anonymous said...

Not just paint, just some curtains can change a lot. Sure did that to our bed room. (Although we bought and didn't make.) Good job on everything guys.

Ian said...

Thanks for posting. It is looking good; can't wait to get to visit. Maybe we'll have to be there to celebrate TC Douglas' birthday!

Nana said...

I like your green living room. My kitchen is about that color. Everything is pulling together nicely. Congrats to you both on your hard work. Soon you should be able to relax and really enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Olivia said...

This is beautiful! I love the floors. You did such a good job with the colors and the curtains. It loooks like you have been there for months!

Davis Family said...

Wow - you are looking pretty settled. AWESOME!!

Lin said...

Holy Crumb! Can you come to my house and help me set up?! I have been living here for 3 weeks and still have things in boxes. You rock!

Deana said...

I love the color in the living room!! And all your curtains look great!

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Thanks everyone!- Nana, I love the color in your kitchen and I've seen it in several living rooms too, so you influenced me! Lin- You have to keep in mind that we don't have real JOBS yet and both of us were going at it pretty much full time. Even when I was in Stoon, I was making the curtains. We just couldn't stand being unsettled a day longer than we had to. It has been a LONG spring/summer!