Monday, September 20, 2010

in 1 year's time

I got a picture of the kids as we walked past the treaty four memorial and I thought I had the same shot with Arwen from last year, but this was all I could find. It is pretty wild how much the kids have grown up in a year's time though.


Here is a shot of the waves the day the kids and I went to the beach when it was so very windy and cold. They were riotous, so powerful and thundering. I loved to hear and watch them crashing on the shore, but next time I'll wear a snowsuit to go watch! ha,ha

I noticed today that I was overdressed compared to the other kids, parents and teachers filing out of school at the end of the day. I spotted a teacher in sandals and another in a sleeveless shirt. Ivan had his winter coat and mitts on and I had a winter jacket, gloves and scarf on. It was only raining, but we were cozy warm.

The girls are so funny. I say that they have my sister's genes because she was always writing something or drawing, just like my two. Emora nearly always has marker on her face, hands and half the house. She is really too young for markers, but how do I tell her she needs crayons while her sister wants to use markers? Is this why the 3rd is spoiled? The girls and I painted some new cards today. Our supply was getting low. We love to make cards together. It is so relaxing and fun. Dominique was painting actual things so that was fascinating, then I let her put titles to them, which she also loved. Emora's were mostly an incomprehensible cacophony of colors, so I tweaked most of her's after. I look at the designs and try to see things in them like animals, creatures, birds or flowers, then I outline them with black pen and name the finished design.

1 comment:

Ian said...

I look forward to getting one of them!