Friday, April 10, 2009

Dominique






My little girl isn't so little anymore.








Dominique has an uncanny ability to get herself dirty. I'm used to it, but it really aggravates me when she is wearing a new shirt. This was the first time she put this shirt on. I saw the stain at diner time. It was from her eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich at lunch. Amazing how talented she is huh? I did remember wiping up jelly from the edge of the table, but I didn't think to look under her sleeve. (Tighe this was a shirt you lent us of Lily's, but I managed to get the stain out!! ;)

Dominique loves her little sister so much and enjoys "playing" with her. It amazes me how the kids are not at all frustrated that Emora can't do more than sit and laugh at them. They are thrilled when she smiles at them and try to entertain her if she is crying (sometimes it helps, sometimes it makes Emora cry even more!)


Dominique reads a story to Emora. I love the animation she adds to the story. In case you didn't figure it out, she was trying to say that someone fell. She loves to look at pictures and retell a story. Usually she just repeats over and over "then he said... then he said..." She hasn't figured out that women and girls are "she" so everyone is a "he" in her book. I don't understand much of the rest of her story apart from the falls and "I love you" part. And I didn't make much sense at the end either, so maybe she gets it from me!

Right now, we are getting ready for the grand arrival of the cousin- Imogen and her parents: auntie Jenn and mystery man. We are getting the house in order and buzzing with excitement. Only 3 more hours and they'll be walking in our door! I need a nap so bad, but there are still a few things to do. I better go check my list and get to it!

1 comment:

Ian said...

Dominique is a wonderful sister to Emora.