Monday, April 06, 2009

Bluebonnet serenaded

Thanks to Trish for these bluebonnet pictures. We went to visit our friends in Clyde and found one of the few patches of bluebonnets this year. I dragged my kids into the beauty only to find out that it was infested with stickers (these are not cute little sticky backed pictures- as my northern readers are accustomed to, but small horribly painful thornish balls that cling to clothes and shoes, pierce skin unmercifully and can easily pierce a bike tire). I was actually trying to have my kids sit in the hazardous field for these pictures, but we settled for standing once we saw the treachery we had unwittingly stepped into. We carried them back to the car and picked hundreds of stickers out, painfully and diligently. But the pictures did come out good!

I also wanted to show you that Emora is loosing her hair. Ivan lost all of his but a tuft on top. I used to call him my little samori warrior. Dominique kept hers. Emora seems to be going in the way of her brother. Right now it looks like she has had a really bad hair cut. She has lots of hair that cascades toward the right of her head, thin hair on the left of her head, a blank spot where her hair cowlicks and a spot rubbed bald under that. Her neck is tickled with beautiful growing hair that frames out the bottom of her head. It's quite the look! So some day, if she does something crazy with her hair as a teenager, I should remind myself that it has been worse!


Ivan & Dominique sing to Emora. Notice how Dominique changes from singing "baby" to singing "cheese" when she sees the camera?

4 comments:

Ian said...

I'm glad that you are able to post videos. You have a couple of up and coming musicians.

Davis Family said...

Great video - it makes me wonder what Emora makes of the whole thing!

GMS said...

Quite the entertainment!
Love the show & they both carry a good tune!

Olivia said...

Emora! You are still one of the cutest babies I know of, hair or no hair.