Sunday, April 19, 2009

already a week ago?



Has the week already gone so fast? I knew the day Jenn, John and Imogen landed that they would leave before I knew it and they did. I should really be in bed right now, but then I saw all these pictures from a week ago. Angie is holding Emora with an egg that had her name on it. Asaco is her daughter-in-law from Japan who got to color eggs for the first time in her life. She made each kid a special egg and the one Ivan is holding that says Japan in Japanese characters, among other eggs. She had as much fun hiding the eggs as the kids did finding them. It was another beautiful moment among many.



I have more pictures from the week, as you can well imagine. We had a wonderful time together, doing fun activities in the city, doing crafts and spending time together. Auntie and Uncle even babysat one night so that Brian and I could go out. Such a treat! No supper to cook, or kids to try to convince to eat, or fighting or dishes... they even bathed 2 of ours for us. It's funny when you have kids, you don't realize all the little steps that go into taking care of them.




The kids adjusted pretty well to having the house back as it was. They asked where the auntie, uncle and cousin were, quizzed us over the details of their leaving, declared that we needed to go to Canada and reclaimed their room. I'm hoping we get up there this summer and trying to focus on that and not miss my little niece and her parents too much. It's always so short. It seemed even shorter too because we were all so worn out by all the youthful energy. Visiting was limited due to the fact that we took naps in the day and went to bed not too long after the kids were asleep. Ah well, that is life with toddlers. I told Jenn that someday, they would be teenagers and we could visit a bunch while the next generation hung out.




We've been doing laundry all day, undoing and making beds and scheming with Big Buddy for his birthday plans. He turns 92 next week and wants to celebrate with a seafood night- fish and shrimp. He wanted lobster, but I don't even know how to eat it, yet alone cook it! I suggested we go to Red Lobster, but he said "their bills are too high". So he is going to fry fish and I'm going to make something with shrimp. Any pointers? I've never cooked shrimp except ready to use salad shrimp in a soup!

5 comments:

GMS said...

Wish I could help, but I don't do much seafood. Your pictures look great. So glad all went so well.
Will be praying for your future.

Davis Family said...

My Mom says she remembers her Mom and your Grandma getting together and working together in the kitchen and laughing (or cackling as Mom called it). The kids just ripped the place up while they joked and visitted. That time will come for you too soon also. A few years and the kids will amuse themselves.

Kimberley said...

Looks like a fun week.

Lobster is easy - toss it in a pot and serve with melted butter!

As for shrimp you could do shrimp cocktail, shrimp scampi, shrimp & pasta... the possibilities are endless.

Whatever you decide have fun.

Anonymous said...

Lovely kids.
No mother would admit to it,or say I told you so,but that is called sweet revenge.On the other hand enjoy the time because that too will pass.

Shrimp is easy to do.I'll email you.
Love always mom

NANA said...

An easy shrimp to do is boil it in "shrimp boil". Then chill it and peel. Yummy. On ship we had some boiled shrimp with mango salsa. It was really very tasty. It is easy to pick out the "Texas" kids!!