Friday, March 06, 2009

Time off?

What should a Nana do if the doctor says she can't go to work? Come visit her grandkids of course! So she did. Nana had eye surgery and during her recovery she was not allowed to lift anything which disqualifies her from work, but not from driving to Abilene and seeing us- so long as she didn't lift the kids up. We had a wonderful time and were able to convince her to stay a whole extra day (normally she comes down, stays a day and leaves the next). We didn't do anything spectacular, but there were lots of fabulous moments none the less. The kids loved sitting in her lap and being read to, having Nana give them beauty treatments- (yes, that is make-up on them and I got it documented), going to the library together and eating out at our favorite restaurant. I have more pics I'll try to post this weekend. I had to include one of Emora smiling. Isn't she fabulous? She is recognizing us now and it's the most incredible feeling to see her focus on me then burst out in one of her gorgeous grins. I am so thankful for them and for who they are, who they are becoming and for their health. It seems that every blog I read of someone with a kid has sickness running through their homes. We've been recluses quite a bit since Emora's birth and I really think that has saved us from lots of stuff going around.

Big on my heart is our friend Isaiah. I know I've asked you all to pray for him before and I'm asking again. He got meningitis again. This is his 3rd bout with it this year and this pretty much confirms that the other two times were not fluke, something is wrong. The good news is that his parents have become pros at spotting it and they got him in right away. Plus all the medical personnel know his history and take it all very seriously. He already has a port and they are waiting to find out which kind of meningitis he got this time. There are plans to do tests to find out if and where a hole may be in his brain that is causing the repeated occurences and also see if something else is amiss. I can't imagine how draining this is on Tighe and Greg, not to mention little Isaiah. He is just 2 weeks younger than Dominique and has been through so much. Please pray for them, for healing and direction, for the doctors and personnel to know how best to help him and for a full recovery and even more promising future as some answers may be found through this.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I can't believe that about poor little Isaiah. :( They are definitely in our prayers!

As for your crew, it looks like things are GREAT!! What a happy bunch!!

See you soon!! :)

Ian said...

Thanks for sharing

Kimberley said...

I am so sorry to hear about Isaiah. Even though we've never met, my heart goes out to him and his family. I hope that he recovers quickly. ***HUGS***