Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A couple of short weeks ago, we were at Tighe's house, where this picture was taken. Since then, their world has been upended again. Isaiah had his third recurrence of meningitis. He has also faced a deadly reaction to antibiotics and pneumonia. All of this has happened in a year and the doctors are now suspicious that something else is going on. They are having CAT scans and tests done. Isaiah was very sick today and their home nurse said it was an emergency, so they took him back to the ER. Please be praying for them, to find answers, a solution, strength and peace.



Dominique took these pictures of Brian and Emora. Dominique is enjoying the process of growing up. She talks up a storm and the other day, I was noticing how big she is. She was wearing jean shorts and a t-shirt all stretched out for a nap on the day bed, and I am serious, she looked like a pre-teenager!
Ivan has his own flare too of course and is also growing so fast. Today he told me that the dog licked his pencil and "I didn't appreciate that". I'm not kidding. He sounded so grown up. But then, he's heard that phrase quite a few times before.

I am back to the fit mom's water aerobics class that I facilitate and love it. I had 3 ladies tonight, but two of them came with their first pregnancies and are now on to their second child. It was so fun to chat and catch up with them. It's so exciting to share in their joy, yet to be over that stage myself. I have a miracle lady this time through also, and that is always extra fun. What I mean by miracle lady is that she is older and has had many barren years. I don't know all her story yet, but I've had several ladies who couldn't conceive, or were told they'd never have kids and then life changed dramatically for them ;) This weekend, I have a party for the last group that just gave birth. I have them over to my house and we hang out, swap stories, eat and see all those babies, the silent partners in our water aerobics classes. It is always so fun to see these little people that brought us together in the first place.

Also, some ladies form lasting friendships through the class, like Tighe and I! We met arbitrarily once or twice in town, then she came to class and we ended up hitting it off. You know there are just people you connect with? We have been mistaken for sisters, even her dad said that he could see how people would think we are sisters. That's my compliment, since she is gorgeous. So please keep praying for her and her family. Here's a couple of pictures she had sent out. Isaiah at the hospital last week and him with his dad, Greg and mom, Tighe.

6 comments:

Olivia said...

Did I take that photo? If so, I was wondering if that one came out because I really thought it was a good one of Dominique. I love you guys and I hope you are all doing well. We are thinking constantly about Isaiah as well. All we know to do is pray for God to use all of this for His glory.

Katie said...

Isiah is still in our prayers. Thank you for keeping us updated. I am looking forward to the "he's home" blog.

Maddy and I will see you this weekend!!

Also, did you hear that State Street is opening a nursery on a Monday 5:15 - 7:15 PM on the weeknights?? YAY!!! :)

Davis Family said...

We will pray for Isaiah and family. Pray for answers and peace. God Bless you all.
Roberta & family

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Olivia- yes, you took that awesome pic.
Katie- didn't know about the nursery- cool!
Thanks Roberta.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I hope you are keeping a journal of all of these "kid comments". They are priceless.