Thursday, March 12, 2009

That mean bite!

Yesterday, Dominique was eating strawberries when she started crying. Her wailing resonated off the walls as rivers of tears cascaded down her cheeks. I rushed to her side and asked:

"where are you hurt?"
"my fingers"
"How did they get hurt?"
"my fingers got hurt on my bite"- she wailed
I asked while holding in my chuckle "on your bite?"
"yes, on my tongue...on my mouth... on my this" (pointing to her teeth), she paused in the ardent crying to catch my answer
"on your teeth?"
"yes- waaaaaaaaaah!!!!" ardent crying resumes.
Have I mentioned before that she is terribly clumsy?

Meanwhile, Ivan just pointed to the word the computer underlined in red (waaaaaaaaaah!) and told me "those are not words". Looks like I have an editor in the house. Dad you won't be insulted if a 4 year old manned with a computer takes over your job will you?

These pictures were from when I was gone to water aerobics class. When I walked in, Dominique was "feeding" Emora and Ivan excitedly told me that he had "breastfed" Emora. I told him I sure hoped he hadn't. He gave me a puzzled look. I'm learning more and more how complicated language is. We were on the web cam and Jenn said she got a shot of Imogen's back (picture with her camera). Well Ivan was all concerned about this and we explained about all the definitions of a shot- with a camera, with a gun, an arrow, a needle, or having a chance at something. What a delight... language and toddlers makes for all sorts of funny situations.

1 comment:

jenn with two n's said...

Love this post and the pics! Imogen is feeling better too.