Saturday, December 31, 2005

~Where he proposed~

First off----HAPPY NEW YEAR'S!!!!!--- We are being a totally boring old couple and staying home. We had a neighbor invite us to their bbq and party, but since we just got in from Houston, we are a little tired and anti-social. We saw Mr. Griffin for a bit and watched so called "live" entertainment from Time's Square. I say so called because they were all videos. We all agreed that it was more fun watching all those people from our comfy chairs. Ivan and I may have enjoyed the energy and crowds in person for a little while, but definitely not all day. They were asking people's New Year's resolutions and a bunch wanted to lose weight. Well I'm going to put some on- about 30 lbs or so!! I'm not showing yet, to the uneducated eye, but some of the jeans are already getting uncomfortable. It's exciting. We are looking forward to being able to feel and see the baby's movements and find out if the little one's a little brother or sister!

Here are more pics of Houston. Of course, people were proposing marriage in Time's Square tonight. Here's a blast from our past. This is where Brian proposed to me. It was a beautiful evening at the Transco tower in 1998. If you've been to niagara falls, you could pretend with some imagination that this was a man-made recreation. Of course, that is not what they are attempting with the falls (now renamed Williams Tower). It is a pretty amazing thing to see in the middle of the city though. We also walked through the mall where all the fancy stores are that sell $200 tore up and stained jeans (gave me an idea for a resale shop. I've got tore up old looking jeans and they're authentic! Do I have a buyer???) Stores like Abercombie and Fich, Channel, The original Levi's store and other hoity toity stores we really had no interest in.

Here's a full view of the falls.



Ivan was trying to figure out why we were getting wet and cold in the mist of a giant shower.

Here we are on the actual bench where he popped the question. He gave me a necklace, but it was dark by then and I couldn't see it, I said, "I'm sure it's beautiful" or something like that. Of course, I also said "yes" to marriage with him and have known ever since someone WAY smarter than me picked us out for each other and just gave me the courage to go for it.

Now, 7 years later, Ivan is on our bench and for the new year, another on the way ;) Hey, we may need a bigger bench eventually!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Happy New Year to all of you! Hopefully you had a good New Year's Eve and day.

Love!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!!! Everyone always looks so happy in your pics. It looks beautiful. Maybe this summer i will get a chance to see it. Well your new year's eve was as exciting as mine. I spent the night with my two girls and even convinced Harley to celebrate with Toronto so I could go to bed early. Didn't work though I still got a few phone calls from friends saying New Year's Wishes. Oh well. Take care of yourself and the baby, and the rest of your family. Lin

jenn with two n's said...

Happy New Year! Thanks for showing us your trip to Houston. I like the pictures in front of the falls--Ivan's expressions are priceless. Looking forward to knowing your new little one too!