Sunday, December 25, 2005

Thanks to all!!!

Thanks to everyone for the cards, gifts and Christmas well wishes. I just love this time of year. We received gifts from neighbors, family, friends, even a homeless friend. We have learned a lot from "the poor". More often than not, they are the most generous people, even though they have the least. You really do know that people care, and not by the whats and the how much, but by the thought, the gesture, the thoughtfulness. We received so many thoughtful gifts, even handmade gifts and memory lane gifts and it's been fun to give too. We had a houseful today for our last Christmas party, hosted by us. Last night we went to our hispanic neighbors, which was totally different from the night before. Last night was high class and richly flavored in hispanic culture and love. The night before was also filled with generosity, but to it's own tune. It's fun being who we are because I can't see either of these families inviting each other over and hanging out, but both of them found it in their hearts to include us as their non-relative invites for intimate Christmas moments.

We had our own intimate Christmas moments this morning. Ivan had German chocolate for breakfast, talked on his new phone with who knows who, thoroughly enjoyed his first lollipop (which I can't find, but Ivan has brought out a couple of times--- gross), rocked on his new, totally beautiful, handmade rocking chair from Grandpa Ian, read French Canadian books and woke up from his nap to a houseful of African friends speaking French. Unfortunately our favorite Big Buddy, Mr Griffin didn't make it since he is not feeling well, but we're going to go see him in a bit. We also found some homeless friends of ours and they oooed and awed over Ivan and gave some of the most profound advice about family being one of the most important things and to cherish mine. I do! Both our immediate and extended. We love you and thank you for making this season so special by sending us your love.

We just got to talk to Grandma Ruth who is with family in Jamaica. Our love to all the Williamsons and Simpsons!!! We wish you were there. Drink some ginger beer for me. I love that stuff. By the way, I drank some sorrel yesterday. I had some frozen from last year and new it was time to bring some out. It looks like they sell what they call "hibiscus flowers" here, so maybe I can make some more next year! Also eat some hot patties and hard dough bread for me, play some dominoes (please beat uncle Nevil, we couldn't), and of course give hugs all around from me. I wish I was seeing you, but from afar, we send our love.


Jennifer remembered that my favorite chocolate bar is mint choc. aero, only made in Canada. Jen, you rock! She also added plenty of nostalgia in her gifts. Hey Jen, that indian doll was yours, someone brought me mine already, but I'll take care of her for you, now mine has a friend! Also, I was wondering if mom can possibly have anything else from our childhood in that mansion! OK, the bunkbeds, but those would be pretty hard to mail!! ha, ha.

Ivan's new French books are cool too.

This chair is the most beautiful child furniture I have ever seen. PLUS, it's handmade by my dad- and uncle (I about cried when I read that in the note). AND Ivan already totally loves it! He immediate got on it and tried many sitting positions, he babbled on about it endlessly (don't ask me what he said, I have no idea), and rocked of course! Talking about handmade, Andrea made a beautiful cross-stitch we will surely treasure. And I know that took you a long time, 'cause I saw you making the one you gave Jen! Thanks! Oh, and by the way, we shared, gave and ate and ate and we still have chocolate the day of Christmas! You are wonderful!

Another big hit of course was Ivan's phone and remote car key thingamagig. He also loved playing on his xylophone/piano and so did all the other kids who showed up, but it hasn't broken yet, so I guess it withstood the drop it, fight over it, hit it tests!

And you can't have Christmas without some humor. Jennifer remembered how funny Brian thought it was that SK has places with names such as "Moose Jaw". And the funniest gift prize goes to... The biggest wrapped gift ever. Brian asked me if I wanted my gift wrapped some time ago and I said, "of course", not knowing he had gotten me a body pillow. He hid the wrapped gift, since just seeing it would give it away- even wrapped! This was one of those must haves for the next pregnancy- yeah!!! The runner up in grift wrapping goes to dad who must have used half a roll of duct tape on the cardboard creation he made. Mom said he would have made the Red and Green proud (a canadian hick show) indeed he would have!

4 comments:

Kimberley said...

Merry Christmas to the Baggetts from Moose Jaw!! Yes it's true Brian, not only is there an actual city named Moose Jaw, but I am in it!

It's great that you are able to share such a special day with so many friends.

Take care!

Anonymous said...

Awww. I've been to Moose Jaw. Loved it. Wish I was there now.

Next Canadian city on the visit list: Salmon Arm

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

Looks like you had a great Christmas morning. I am excited about that chair. Didn't know that they did that. Totally cool!

Seems to me that you had a multicultural Chrismas. And that is the best! (My family loved the canadian stuff your mom & dad and Jenn & John sent.

We also got chocolat, fild with Saskatoon berry liquor. Very tasty! I still can't believe what you can make out of them.

LOVE!

Kimberley said...

While you're in Salmon Arm, take a drive to Sicamous (pronounced Sick A Moose)!

There are many interesting names for cities and towns in Canada. They make any long road trip a little less boring. Why we drove by Uren on our way to Moose Jaw. Think about it, would you like to live in Uren? The jokes lasted at least 20km!