Thursday, December 15, 2005

Christmas at the Baggetts







Ivan enjoys the calendar Andrea sent from Germany, but maybe not quite as much as his parents do. In Germany the windows do not only hide a cute picture, but chocolate shaped like the picture! Since Ivan is still too small to have much chocolate, his parents help with the daily allotment (before all the grandparents get in a tizzy, we do let him have some, but never before bedtime!!!)

Ivan "rides" Saba, his christmas reindeer. True confession. I didn't know reindeer were a real animal until I read about them in a National Geographic a couple of years ago, and even then, I asked Brian if it was a joke. I also found out that roadrunners are real (I've seen them and they do run across roads, but they don't beep and aren't chased by the same famished wolf constantly. Oh, yeah, and reindeer don't fly either). Also, there is such a thing as the tazmanian devil, but not unicorns. I think I've got most of it figured out now, but growing up where these exotic creatures are not and the power of television to create skepticism about did me in!

2 comments:

Kimberley said...

Oh Ange,
You grew up in Canada and didn't know that reindeer were real? Personally, I can understand as you are probably more familiar with the term caribou. If you didn't know that these were real, I'll have to refer you to the Canadian quarter.

Ivan is very cute riding on Saba. Does Saba enjoy the rides too?

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Wait a minute... are you goofing on me? Reindeer are caribou? Of course I've heard of Caribou! But I thought it was a moose on the quarter??? And I know moose aren't reindeer! I know they sang about the animal on the quarter on Sesame street, but I can't remember it exactly how it went.

And no, Saba does not enjoy being ridden. She loves the kids, but her tail hairs are very sensitive, so sometimes she gets nervous with them. But she often lets them climb over her. Myka likes to do rolls over her head, but Ivan goes for the over the body throw!