Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Trying to catch up

I pulled up my blogables file and found all sorts of pictures and a couple of videos that were sitting there, aging. So I figured I'd better hurry up and pull them out for you to see.

Ivan loves to work and now he loves to build since his daddy is in the building business. I see a theme. He loved to do yard stuff and every toy became a weed eater when his daddy was working in landscaping. Now that Brian is flipping houses, Ivan is all into carpentry. A coincidence? I think not.

Brian is a really great dad and the kids love him so much. He comes home from a full day and will play with them so that I can get dinner going, which is such a relief. He takes them outside and they build, or "farm" (as the kids call picking produce from the garden). I love how they see everything on such a huge scale. They think our little crop of green peppers, jalepenos and okras make us farmers- which is pretty laughable. And a simple building project can be anything you set your mind to... as you'll see in this video.


For those of you not on facebook...
I can no longer say I, since it is quite evident in more ways than one that I am more than one. The baby is growing well, measuring right on target and so is my weight gain. She was head down Monday. Don't know if she'll stay that way through the rest of our 8 weeks, but as long as she is at birth, that would be great. The kids went with me to this doctor visit, since Brian was busy on a new house. The 1.5 hour wait was pretty excrutiating, but the kids' totally enjoyed talking to the doctor- who asked them all about their baby and loved hearing their sister's heartbeat on the doplar. Dominique said it sounded like bubbles and both of them had eyes the size of saucers and delighted wonder printed on their face. I think the doctor left it on extra long for them. Which was nice after we waited 1.5 hours for the 5 min. visit.

3 comments:

Ian said...

I see that Ivan is all into safety! He is so cute with the safety glasses, gloves and hat on.

GMS said...

Simply LOVE the pics & updates.
Everyone looks like they are having fun just living life.

Anonymous said...

Ivan, maybe Nana will find some gardening projects for you to do Thanksgiving.